Functional Neurological Disorder Treatment
Functional Neurological Disorder (FND)
Functional neurological disorder (FND) occurs due to a problem with the nervous system. It affects how the brain processes and shares information with the rest of your body. Symptoms vary depending on the person and the type of FND they have. You may also have a few symptoms or many.
Symptoms may include:
- Memory issues
- Feeling very tired
- Struggling to concentrate
- Problems with balance or gait
- Seizures or uncontrolled shaking
- Difficulty swallowing or speaking
- Weakness, numbness or paralysis
- Problems with moving or involuntary movements
Some people also experience migraines, anxiety, depression, chronic pain and sleep problems, such as insomnia.